https://drbridgetsomine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/water.jpg 1333 2000 Bridget http://drbridgetsomin.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Bridget-Logo-new.png Bridget2016-11-21 21:18:502021-02-15 04:08:57Tips to Reduce Allergies
Tips to Improve Your Allergic Threshold
- Stay hydrated! As the weather becomes cooler, some people tend to drink less water even though they need it. Our bodies need water to deliver nutrients, flush out waste, and to maintain healthy mucous membranes.
- Reduce inflammation with essential fatty acids, in the form of chia seeds, fish oil, and leafy greens.
- Eat liver supportive foods, such as broccoli, kale, cauliflower, beets, artichokes, onions and garlic.
- Minimize pro-inflammatory foods, including foods cooked at high temperatures, such as fried, grilled, or roasted foods. Also limit processed foods, especially those with sugar.
- Get an individualized dietary plan based on your unique constitution. Certain foods, while healthy for some people, can worsen allergies in others.
- Nasal saline rinses (Neti pots) can help flush particulate out of the nasal passageways. However, be sure tolubricate the sinuses afterward with coconut oil or an aloe based-saline spray because nasal rinses strip the mucous membranes.
- Get an air-filtration system inside your home, and change furnace filters and cabin air filters in your vehicle regularly.
- Supplements like quercetin, bioflavonoids and Vitamin C can go a long way in reducing one’s allergic threshold, though to get to the root of it, many people need more support than that.
- Schedule an individual visit for an herb and nutrient plan to help calm allergies down and remodel your allergic threshold.